Most of us have slipped and fallen in the past. Fortunately, many slip and falls do not result in serious injury; perhaps just a few cuts/bruises and a mild case of embarrassment. However, in other instances, slip and fall accidents can leave people seriously injured with broken bones, sprains, concussions, and more. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident due to no fault of your own, you should strongly consider retaining the services of a knowledgeable Tampa slip and fall lawyer. Our firm has handled countless slip and fall accident cases over the years, and we are ready to do the same for you. Contact Merricks Law Group today to learn more about how we can help you.
Do I Need a Tampa Slip and Fall Lawyer?
Those injured in slip and fall accidents should understand that Florida law is particularly stringent when it comes to premises liability claims, which is why you cannot hire just any slip and fall accident attorney in Tampa to represent your case. Attorney Merricks has fought for slip and fall accident victims for over 30 years, and he is ready to put that experience to work for you.
Our Legal Services
Merricks Law Group provides slip and fall accident victims throughout Hillsborough County with a wide array of legal services. Among other slip and fall accidents, we proudly handle the following:
- Airport Accidents: Airport management and staff must be vigilant at all times and ensure their property is safe for all travelers. When they breach their duty of care, serious accidents can occur.
- Parking Lot Accidents: Store owners and other property owners are required, by law, to ensure their parking lots are safe for all guests and passersby. Unfortunately, there are times where they fail to do so, and if you’ve been injured due to no fault of your own in a parking lot accident, you should strongly consider speaking with our knowledgeable Tampa personal injury attorney today.
- Restaurant Accidents: Many of us enjoy spending the night out at restaurants. That being said, in most cases, a bad restaurant experience is limited to a poorly-cooked meal. While this may spoil a night, it’s nothing compared to sustaining a serious injury as a result of restaurant staff/management negligence. Unfortunately, these accidents happen more commonly than you may think.
- Sidewalk Accidents: Sidewalks are generally not considered dangerous, but they can be, especially when property owners fail to ensure that their sidewalks are free of safety hazards such as potholes, debris, and more. Victims of sidewalk accidents should secure experienced representation as soon as possible, for they may have to file a Notice of Claim promptly.
- Stairway Accidents: If you were injured on a defective flight of stairs, or because stairwell conditions were otherwise unsafe, our firm is here to help.
- Supermarket Accidents: Supermarkets are among the last places that anyone would expect to sustain a serious injury, though at times, supermarkets are riddled with unsafe conditions that wrongfully endanger shoppers. Those injured in supermarkets should strongly consider their legal options.
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof in a Personal Injury Claim
When someone is injured on another person’s property, they must hire a knowledgeable Tampa slip and fall lawyer who can prove several things. To start, our firm must prove that the property owner either knew or should have reasonably known about his or her unsafe property conditions. From here, we will have to prove that the property owner failed to take action to fix the unsafe conditions timely, and that you were injured and incurred significant damages as a result of your injury.
To prove your claim, our firm will work to uncover surveillance footage of your accident, pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident, witness statements, medical documents, a copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident, and more.
Economic Damages Vs. Non-economic Damages
There are two primary types of damages that our firm can pursue in your personal injury claim. The first type of damages is economic damages. Economic damages deal with the financial cost of an injury, such as the cost of surgeries, overnights in a hospital, rehabilitation, lost wages, and more.
On the other hand, non-economic damages cover non-monetary losses, such as the loss of enjoyment of life, pain and suffering, disfigurement, and more. Our firm will pursue the fullest compensation possible on your behalf.
Statute of Limitations for Premises Liability Claims in Florida
In most cases, the statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Florida is two years, meaning you must file your premises liability claim within two years of the date of your accident. Failing to do so will most likely relinquish your right to sue. The sooner you speak with our firm, the better off you will be. We are ready to assist you and fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Tampa Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you’ve been wrongfully injured on another person’s property, you can turn to our Tampa slip and fall lawyer to fight for the compensation you need to cover the cost of any damages you’ve incurred as a result of your accident. Contact Merricks Law Group today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.