Food shopping is a rather mundane task that many Tampa residents have to partake in regularly. Most of us do not particularly enjoy food shopping, though generally, the thought of sustaining a serious injury in a supermarket never crosses our minds.
Unfortunately, accidents can happen virtually anywhere, and if you’ve recently been injured in a supermarket accident, you should strongly consider retaining the legal services of a knowledgeable Tampa supermarket accident lawyer. Continue reading and contact Merricks Law Group to learn more about how our firm can assist you through every step of the legal process ahead.
Why Should I Hire a Tampa Supermarket Accident Lawyer?
If you’ve been injured in a supermarket accident in Tampa, you need a Hillsborough County personal injury lawyer who can efficiently fight for the compensation you require to help cover the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, and all other damages you’ve sustained as a result of your accident. Our firm is here to help you in any way we can.
Common Causes of Supermarket Accidents
Supermarket accidents, not unlike many other accidents, are often the result of negligence. While at times, customers simply sustain injuries as a result of carelessness, most of these accidents occur due to supermarket management or staff negligence. Some of the most common causes of supermarket accidents are as follows:
- Spills left uncleared in aisles or restrooms
- Broken glass and other debris in aisles
- Falling merchandise from shelves
- Improperly placed floor mats
- Unsafe supermarket parking lots
- Insufficient supermarket security
What to do After a Supermarket Accident
If you are wrongfully injured in a supermarket accident, if possible, you should take several steps to increase your chances of winning a personal injury claim. They are as follows:
- Notify supermarket management of the accident and call the police. Supermarket management should write up a store incident report.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take pictures of the unsafe supermarket conditions that caused your accident.
- Receive medical treatment.
- Hire an experienced Tampa supermarket accident lawyer who can work to gather all other forms of evidence, such as surveillance footage of your accident, to prove your personal injury claim.
Statute of Limitations in Florida
The statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Florida is, generally, two years, meaning you mustn’t wait longer than two years from the date of your accident to pursue financial compensation from the negligent party.
Contact Our Tampa Supermarket Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a supermarket accident as a result of supermarket ownership or staff negligence, chances are, you are entitled to compensation. Our firm is here to help you obtain that compensation. Contact Merricks Law Group today to schedule your initial free consultation with our firm.