Can I Sue for Future Lost Wages?

Click Here To Get Started NowCall Us 24/7

blank paycheck pen

Initially after your personal injury accident, you may have to take a few days, weeks, or even months off of work to recover from your bodily injuries. But if your bodily injuries are quite serious, then you may have to take a long-term or even permanent leave of absence from your job. With such uncertainty surrounding your future, you may be equally uncertain about the amount of wages you may potentially miss out on. Yet, this must be accurately calculated for your upcoming personal injury case proceedings. Read on to discover whether you can sue for future lost wages and how a proficient Hillsborough County personal injury lawyer at Merricks Law Group, P.A. can work to ensure you are adequately compensated.

After my personal injury accident, can I sue for future lost wages?

Lost wages are one of the most common types of economic damage that plaintiffs of personal injury claims sue for. When claiming current lost wages, you may easily calculate your daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly take-home earnings and multiply it by the number of days, weeks, months, or years you have been absent from your work thus far, respectively.

But when claiming future lost wages, you may take longer to calculate the amount you anticipate missing. For one, you may have to consider the promotions and subsequent salary increases you would have enjoyed. Plus, you may have to factor in your lost benefits that would have extended until retirement (i.e., 401k benefits, health insurance benefits, etc). This may be especially true if your bodily injuries are permanent and thereby indefinitely restrict you from entering your field of work again. For these reasons alone, if you intend to sue for future lost wages, it is recommended that you employ a financial expert.

What other economic damages can I sue for?

Aside from your current and future lost wages, other economic damages may follow your personal injury accident. With that said, you must not forget to disclose the following damages in your claim, if applicable:

  • The cost of repairing or replacing your damaged property.
  • The cost of the treatment plans necessary to reach a full recovery.
  • The cost of the medical equipment necessary to aid your bodily injuries.
  • The cost of installing handicap-assistive devices throughout your home.
  • The cost of hiring third parties for domestic services you can no longer attend to.

It is worth mentioning that you may claim the economic damages mentioned above regardless of whether you have already incurred them or anticipate incurring them in the future. Evidently, this is similar to what you should do for your lost wages.

In conclusion, before it is too late, you must retain the services of a competent Hillsborough County personal injury lawyer. Contact our Merricks Law Group, P.A. office today.

Latest Blog Posts

© 2024 Merricks Law Group, P.A.. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer | Sitemap | Privacy Policy