Motorcycle accidents can result in severe, life-altering injuries. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident due to the negligence of another driver, you may be eligible to recover compensation in a personal injury claim. To learn more about this process and the steps to take following your accident, continue reading and reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney.
What are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Florida?
The most common cause of motorcycle accidents is negligent driving. The following negligent acts can lead to motorcycle accidents:
- Driving under the influence
- Driving while tired
- Ignoring traffic lights/signs
- Failure to observe the rules and regulations of the road
What should I do after a motorcycle accident?
If you have sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident, it is important that you take the following steps that will maximize your ability to win a future personal injury case:
- Call the police. Alerting the authorities after a motorcycle accident is a crucial first step. The police will bring medical assistance to the scene to treat any injuries sustained in the accident. The police will also be able to fill out a police report to document the accident.
- It is important to seek medical attention directly after the incident.
- Obtain medical documents relating to your injuries.
- Collect the other driver’s insurance information.
- Take photos of the scene including damage to your vehicles and any property involved.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Reach out to a personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve. An attorney will also work to gather any additional evidence necessary to support your claim. This may include security camera footage of the accident in real-time.
What is the statute of limitations for motorcycle accidents in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is generally four years. This means that you will have four years to take legal action against the negligent party. Failure to file your claim within this period of time may result in you being barred from suing. The sooner you bring attention to your claim, the better. To begin this process, reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney to schedule your initial consultation. Contact our firm today to learn more about our services and how we can assist you.
Contact Our Experienced Florida Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need an attorney who truly cares about your right to heal. Merricks Law Group handles a wide array of injury claims, including injuries sustained in auto accidents, slip and falls, and more. Contact Merricks Law Group today.