If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Tampa, you may be entitled to recover compensation. These accidents can be extremely serious and have life-altering results. Read on to learn more about pedestrian accidents in Florida, how they occur, and how our firm can help you.
What are the Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
It is up to both drivers and pedestrians to be vigilant when sharing the roads. Most pedestrian accidents are a result of negligence. Some of the most common forms of negligence include:
- Speeding drivers
- Driving without headlights at night or in bad weather
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drivers that do not pay attention to crosswalks, stop signs, or street lights
- Pedestrians who cross the road outside of the crosswalk
- Pedestrians who are not paying attention where they walk
If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident, there is a good chance you are struggling with serious injuries. An accident can take a major toll physically, emotionally, and financially. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, you likely deserve compensation to help alleviate some of these burdens you now face. In order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to provide proof that your accident was caused by another party’s negligence.
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof
In order to recover the compensation you need to recover from your injuries, you will have to provide proof of negligence. In order to do so, you should make sure to take the following steps:
- Call 911: the police can file an accident report, collect witness statements, and more.
- Document the scene: take photos and videos at the scene of the accident.
- Seek medical attention: go to the hospital immediately after your accident has occurred. This will ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional while also providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. It is important to remember to ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents and bills.
- Contact an experienced attorney: you will need a strong personal injury attorney who is willing to fight for you.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Florida, you will need an experienced and dedicated attorney on your side. Contact our firm today to discuss your case. We are here to advocate for you and walk you through all of your personal injury matters, every step of the way.
Contact Our Experienced Florida Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need an attorney who truly cares about your right to heal. Contact Merricks Law Group today.