What are the top causes of golf cart accidents?
The unfortunate truth about the top cause of golf cart accidents is that they can be easily avoided if it wasn’t for human error or negligence. The top causes of golf cart accidents are as follows:
- Driving over wet, muddy, or uneven terrain
- Passengers overcrowding the cart or standing
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Sharp turns
- Reversing downhill
- Driving while distracted
- Inattentive vehicular drivers
- Hanging leg outside of the golf cart
- Leaving the brake unlocked upon exiting
What are the most common injuries sustained from golf cart accidents?
Golf carts can reach anywhere from 15 to 19 miles per hour and can result in serious injuries if involved in an accident. The following are the most common injuries sustained in golf cart accidents:
- Foot injuries
- Broken broken
- Leg injuries
- Strained neck
- Spinal injuries
- Damaged windpipes
- Crush injuries
What should I do following a golf cart accident?
If you have been injured in a golf cart accident, you must follow the below steps to protect yourself and your future eligibility for compensation:
- Alert the authorities. The police should bring medical assistance to the scene and document your accident with a police report.
- While you wait to be treated, collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, number, and email address.
- Take photos of any damages or injuries caused by the accident.
- Once you have been treated medically, collect all medical documentation relating to your injuries.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney who will work to recover the compensation you deserve.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally four years from the date of your accident in Florida. It is important to take legal action within this time period to avoid being barred from suing. To get started as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to discuss our services and to learn more about how we can assist your upcoming case.
Contact Our Experienced Florida Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need an attorney who truly cares about your right to heal. Merricks Law Group handles a wide array of injury claims, including injuries sustained in auto accidents, slip and falls, and more. Contact Merricks Law Group today.