Many property-related accidents are caused by inadequate security. If you have recently sustained injuries due to inadequate security, you may be eligible to recover compensation by filing a premises liability claim. To learn more about inadequate security claims and the steps you should take following an accident to increase your chances of filing a valid claim, continue reading and contact our Hillsborough County personal injury lawyer.
What are the most common forms of inadequate security?
Inadequate security may lead to accidents and injuries in a variety of ways. The most common forms of inadequate security to cause injuries are as follows:
- Failure to have security cameras installed
- Not having working surveillance cameras
- Failure to properly train security guards
- Insufficient lighting in walkways, stairways, and other areas
What steps should I take after being injured due to inadequate security?
If you have been injured due to inadequate security, take the following steps to increase your chances of filing a successful premises liability claim:
- Call the police. They will document the accident by conducting a police report. They will also bring an ambulance to the scene to treat any injuries.
- Notify the store or property owner of your accident.
- While you wait for the ambulance, if you can, photograph the unsafe conditions that led to your accident.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information.
- Once the ambulance arrives, seek immediate medical attention.
- Once your treatment is complete, collect all relevant medical documentation. This documentation should include the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a dedicated personal injury attorney who will work to collect further evidence to support your claim.
How long will I have to file a premises liability claim in Florida?
The statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Florida is generally four years. This means that you will have four years from the date of your accident to bring attention to your claim. Failure to file your claim within this timeframe may result in you being time-barred from suing. To avoid this and to get started with this process ahead, give our firm a call today to schedule your initial consultation. Our legal team is prepared to work towards the compensation you require to heal and move forward with your life. Do not hesitate to contact our team to learn more about how we can assist you.
Contact Our Experienced Florida Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need an attorney who truly cares about your right to heal. Merricks Law Group handles a wide array of injury claims, including injuries sustained in auto accidents, slip and falls, and more. Contact Merricks Law Group today.