Unfortunately, injuries occur on construction sites much too often. Being injured on the job as a construction worker can result in severe injuries. If this has happened to you, you may be seeking to recover compensation. To learn more about construction site accidents and the steps you should take after your accident, continue reading and reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney. Our firm is prepared to assist you when you are ready. Give us a call to schedule your initial consultation with our team.
What should I do after being injured in a construction site accident?
Take the following steps after you have been injured in a construction site accident to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim:
- Alert your supervisor and the police about your accident. The police will be able to conduct a report to document the accident. They will also bring any necessary medical assistance to the scene.
- While you wait for the ambulance, if you can, take photos of the scene of your accident including any safety hazards that played a role in your accident.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information including their names, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Seek immediate medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives. Medical treatment should not be delayed.
- Once you have been treated medically, collect all medical paperwork relating to your injuries.
- Speak with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney who will assist you with filing your claim.
What is a third-party claim?
You will likely file a third-party claim if you have been injured in a construction site accident. A third-party claim will hold all parties accountable for your damages without taking legal action against your employer. With the assistance of your attorney, you will take legal action against a negligent subcontractor, architect, equipment manufacturer, or designer. This process will allow you to keep your job while you recover compensation.
If you have any questions about this process, reach out to our experienced firm. Our legal team is prepared to assist you with the claims filing process when you are ready. It is important that you bring attention to your claim as soon as possible to avoid being barred from suing. To get started with this process as soon as possible, give our firm a call today to schedule your initial consultation.
Contact Our Experienced Florida Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need an attorney who truly cares about your right to heal. Merricks Law Group handles a wide array of injury claims, including injuries sustained in auto accidents, slip and falls, and more. Contact Merricks Law Group today.