Pool accidents, unfortunately, occur much more than you might think, especially around holidays such as Labor Day. It is important to refresh our memories on the top pool safety tips to consider while we are by the pool over the long weekend. As the summer comes to a close, it can be easy to forget the important precautions to take to keep you and your loved ones safe. Continue reading to learn the top safety tips to consider by the pool.
If you have been injured in a swimming pool accident due to the negligence of the pool owner, give our firm a call to discuss your options for recovering compensation in a premises liability claim.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
Consider the following pool safety tips this Labor Day to ensure your long weekend is completed without a swimming pool accident:
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
To discover if you are eligible to recover financial compensation following a swimming pool accident, you will first have to retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Your attorney will work to prove that negligence caused your damages in a premises liability claim.
To prove your claim, your attorney will work to prove that the accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. To back this claim, they will work to recover evidence such as medical documentation of the treatment of your injuries, witnesses statements who saw your accident occur, and photos and videos of the scene of the accident.
To learn more about this process, give our experienced Florida personal injury firm a call to learn how we can assist you. We will fight to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
Contact Our Experienced Florida Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need an attorney who truly cares about your right to heal. Merricks Law Group handles a wide array of injury claims, including injuries sustained in auto accidents, slip and falls, and more. Contact Merricks Law Group today.