Our firm recognizes the hardship you may be facing after a construction site accident. Reach out to our firm today to speak with a dedicated Hillsborough County personal injury lawyer to discuss the specifics of your case and your options.
What should I do after being injured in a construction site accident?
If you were injured on a construction site, and you want to consider your legal options, you will want to take certain steps after you have been injured in the accident to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim. These actions include the following:
- Inform your supervisor and the police about your accident. The police will be able to conduct a report to document the accident. They will also be able to dispatch an ambulance or any other necessary medical assistance to the scene.
- As you wait for the ambulance, if you are able to do so, take plenty of photos of the scene of your accident including any safety hazards that played a part in your accident.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, ask them for their contact information including their names, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Seek immediate medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives. Medical treatment should not be deferred as you will need to ensure your injuries are properly tended to.
- Once you have been treated medically, ask your doctor for all medical paperwork connecting to your injuries.
- Retain the services of a skilled personal injury attorney who can help you file your claim.
What is a third-party claim?
It is likely that you will have to file a third-party claim if you have been hurt in a construction site accident. A third-party claim will hold all parties responsible for your damages without taking legal action against your employer. With the help of your attorney, you will bring legal action against a negligent subcontractor, architect, equipment manufacturer, or designer. This process will permit you to keep your job while you recover compensation.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process, do not hesitate to reach out to our experienced firm. Our legal team is ready to help you with the claims filing process when you are ready. It is essential that you bring attention to your claim as soon as possible to evade being banned from suing. To begin this process as soon as possible, give our firm a call today to plan your initial consultation. Our legal team is on your side.
Contact Our Experienced Florida Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need an attorney who truly cares about your right to heal. Merricks Law Group handles a wide array of injury claims, including injuries sustained in auto accidents, slip and falls, and more. Contact Merricks Law Group today.