Accidents can happen anywhere, especially in locations that are packed with stressed and overwhelmed individuals. Airports are no exception. If you have been injured in an airport, it is time to reach out to our experienced Florida personal injury attorney. Our firm is prepared to fight for your right to compensation. Give our firm a call today to learn more. Continue reading to answer any questions you may have regarding airport accidents and personal injury claims in Florida.
What are the most common causes of airport accidents?
The most common causes of airport accidents are typically due to negligent maintenance or airport staff. They are as follows:
- Defective airport elevators/escalators
- Poor lighting
- Unsafe parking lots and sidewalks
- Spills left unattended
- Unsafe airport restaurant or shop conditions
- Inadequate security
What should I do if I have been injured in an airport accident?
If you have been injured in an airport accident, it is important to have a plan. Take the following steps to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim:
- Notify the airport security of your accident.
- Contact the police. They should conduct a report documenting your accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention and collect all documentation relating to your treatment.
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses.
- Photograph your injuries.
- Photograph the scene of your accident including the hazard that caused your accident.
- Reach out to an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
Who is responsible for airport accidents?
If airport staff knew or should have known of the unsafe conditions that led to your accident, and failed to fix them, you may have a valid premises liability claim. If you were injured in an elevator or on an escalator due to a negligent product designer or a negligent product manufacturer, you may have a valid product liability claim.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury airport accidents claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is typically four years. This means that you will have four years to take legal action to avoid begin barred from suing. To hold the negligent party responsible for causing your accident account as soon as possible, reach out to our personal injury firm. We will gladly walk you through the claims filing process ahead.
Contact Our Experienced Florida Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need an attorney who truly cares about your right to heal. Merricks Law Group handles a wide array of injury claims, including injuries sustained in auto accidents, slip and falls, and more. Contact Merricks Law Group today.